Monday, May 11, 2015

A Perspective on Mother's Day

Mother's Day is an interesting day. It is supposed to be a celebration of mothers. It does seem a little odd that we take just one day out of the entire year to tell our mothers how much they mean to us, because isn't that something we should do everyday? But, at the same time it is nice to have one day that we can dedicate to celebrating mothers and all that they do for us.

Mother's Day in my family is a celebration of my mom, my sister, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law. All amazing women and wonderful mothers. They have taught me both what I want to be as a mother and in some ways what I don't want to be as a mother. We always have a good time and it is nice to just be together as a family. 

I have a 5 year old son. He is the most amazing, wonderful little person in the world. He is cute, funny, and LOVES to snuggle with his Momma! I could not imagine life without him. So, Mother's Day is a celebration for me too. I am a Mom to a fantastic 5 year old. But, I am also Mom to four babies I never got to meet. And while I try not to dwell on that it is still hard. Mother's Day is still a reminder of that. Every day is a reminder of that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment