Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Am I amazing?

Over the last several years I have been told many, many times how amazing I am.

“Sarah, you are SO amazing. I don’t think I could ever go through what you have been through.” 

Amazing. Quite a compliment, and I take it as such.  And I know those who tell me I am amazing mean it in the best way possible.

But am I amazing? Has what I have been through made me amazing? I'm not so sure. Or at least not sure I want to be known as amazing because of what I have been through. Losing four babies sucks. 

What about strong? I am told that often as well.....you are such a strong person......Am I strong? I suppose. I am still standing four pregnancy losses later. I am still standing a year and a half into an endometriosis diagnosis that has ended our journey to have a second child. I am still smiling. I don't always feel strong. But I suppose I am. I have made it through all of this so far. I keep going. I have to keep going. 

Our journey has changed who I am. It has made me a stronger woman. It has made me a more compassionate person. It has made me more aware of my emotions, my limits, and my love for my family. It has taught me the importance of enjoying all of life's moments, because you never know what will happen next.

And maybe, it has made me amazing (although I'm still not sure about that one.) 






No comments:

Post a Comment